1) Dream Trance – Very melodic, soothing piano riffs
2) Electrotrance / Trouse – Electro house beats and bass
3) Progressive Trance – Focuses on the progressive buildup of the track
4) Tech Trance – Fusion of techno and trance. Focuses on beats and percussion
5) Uplifting Trance – Gives you the epic feeling, focus on the atmospheric elements.
6) Vocal Trance – Involves a male or female singer
7) Psychedelic Trance – Focuses on bassline and evolving hypnotic sounds. Thought to make you see the truth of life.
8) Hard Trance – Aggressive sonic elements and tough beats.
9) Balearic Trance – Melodic, mellow, influenced by the beach.
10) Eurotrance – The cheesy and commercialised version of trance
11) Chillout Trance – Primarily used as a sleeping / relaxation aid
12) Big Room Trance – a fusion of commercial EDM and trance music
If you have any questions, you can post in the comments section below.